All women in the world dream of preserving the beauty of their body for as long as possible, but unfortunately many of the factors that haunt us in life do not allow our breasts to be in their original form. Breastfeeding, childbirth and pregnancy, sudden fluctuations of weight, genetics, age and lots of other things adversely affect the shape and size of our breasts. Fortunately, there is an operation in modern plastic surgery that helps millions of women feel more confident.
Breast augmentation is a plastic surgery aimed at harmonising the forms and proportions of the breast accordingly to the wishes of the woman. The result is achieved with the help of mammoplasty (using breast implants) or with the help of lipofilling (by proper fat). To date, this operation is considered the most popular in plastic surgery, the most frequently performed and safe technique for obtaining the ideal shape and desired bust size in the shortest possible time.
What problems does breast plastic surgery solve?
– Small bust size by nature. Many girls worry about zero size. The lack of feminine forms causes a lot of psychological complexes. Breast augmentation surgery solves the problem of insufficient volume and gives the desired shape.
– Changes in volume and shape after childbirth and breastfeeding. The so-called postlactational involution of the mammary gland is found in every second girl. Tissue stretches first, and then, when the milk decreases, it sags. In this case, we can talk about ptosis. Implantation allows you to eliminate all manifestations of ptosis, as well as adjust the position of the nipple.
– Severe asymmetry. A difference in the size of the mammary glands of more than ½ volume requires surgical correction. To eliminate the asymmetry, different implants are selected or the correction is combined with an additional lifting.
– Age-related changes. Plastic surgery allows you to increase the bust and restore its former elasticity.
– Previously removed mammary glands due to neoplasms.
What are the contraindications to the installation of breast implants?
– Age under 18 years
– Inflammatory diseases of the mammary gland (mastitis, abscesses)
– Oncological diseases of the mammary gland and other organs and systems
– The period of lactation and 6 months after its completion
– Acute infectious diseases
– Severe concomitant pathology
– Blood coagulation disorders
Three types of implant placement:
Shapes of implants are:
The shape of the implants is selected in accordance with the preferences of the patient, outgoing forms of the mammary gland and compliance with the general proportions of the body.
By the site of the cut, there are:
What is the rehabilitation period like?
The day after the operation, the patient is in the clinic under the strict supervision of a surgeon and medical staff. The next day, the patient may be discharged with certain recommendations. During one week, pains of a pulling nature, which can be compared with cramps, can disturb. There are also some difficulties in the mobility of the arms and chest during breathing. All these symptoms, which are absolutely normal after breast plastic surgery, are easily stopped by painkillers. Full rehabilitation ends in about a month.
During the rehabilitation period, wearing compressive underwear from 4 to 6 weeks will also be required. Sutures are removed in the period from 10 to 14 days if non-absorbable suture material is used.
In the first 7-10 days, it is not recommended to actively engage in sports and exercise on the chest, it is advisable to avoid sleeping on the chest, do not visit pools, solariums, saunas during the first months. After 2-3 months, you can safely return to active sports. If you will subject to the recommendations of the surgeon, the postoperative period will be quite easy, and the result will remain for many years.