Aesthetics of the external genitalia is of great importance for a woman, and operations to correct defects in intimate places are often carried out on this subject, although there are situations when asymmetries or the unsatisfactory size of the external genital organs cause a woman considerable discomfort, and sometimes even painful sensations. In the future, defects of this kind can adversely affect the quality of a woman’s sex life and hygiene. Today, thanks to a breakthrough in medicine, and in particular, plastic surgery, almost everything can be adjusted, the patient can be relieved of the complexes and the appearance of the operated areas can be improved.
Why does the shape of the external genitalia change?
– The result of childbirth, due to over-stretching of tissues
– Ageing changes
– Congenital anatomical defects
– Changes after chronic inflammatory processes
– Episiotomy performed during childbirth, etc.
Intimate plastic surgery is divided into:
– Labiaplasty (plastic surgery of the external labia)
– Hymenoplasty (recreation of the hymen)
– Vaginal plastic surgery
– Perineoplasty (perineal plastic surgery)
– Pubic liposuction
Labiaplasty is an aesthetic plastic surgery on the small and / or large labia, the purpose of which is to recreate the former harmonious sizes and shapes. Women can be born with enlarged and disproportionate labia or acquire this due to ageing or childbirth. When the labia are deformed, this can cause many complexes that can negatively affect the intimate life of a woman. Some women may experience discomfort and pain during sexual intercourse, when wearing clothes and playing sports, which leads to permanent injury, itching appears. Today, labiaplasty is available to absolutely all women. There is an enlarging and a reductive labiaplasty.
Normally, the labia majora should cover the labia minora, thereby ensuring the temperature of the genitals and preventing the penetration of infections into the genital tract. The underdeveloped labia majora can be enlarged by lipofilling (an effective and safe operation, which is based on the introduction of the proper fat from previously discussed problem areas), a biopolymer gel or a filler based on hyaluronic acid into the necessary parts of the patient’s body. The result in the case of fillers lasts up to 2 years, and with lipofilling – for many years, depending on the individual characteristics of the body. In the case of hypertrophied labia majora, liposuction is performed. The operation to remove excess fat lasts for about 20-30 minutes. The doctor makes small punctures, in pre-marked places, through which he removes excess volumes of adipose tissue. After liposuction, reductive surgery may be necessary, in which the surgeon excises excess skin, forming the labia again, giving them a new aesthetic shape. Cosmetic sutures are applied, which are removed after 7-10 days.
Indications for magnifying plastic surgery of the labia majora.
– sagging tissues;
– decrease in turgor, elasticity and volume of the labia;
Indications for reductive plastic surgery of the labia majora.
– hypertrophy of the labia majora;
– excessive length of the labia majora;
– postpartum deformities (rupture, extension);
– sagging of the labia;
Indications for reducing the labia minora.
– asymmetry of the labia minora;
– postpartum or age-related changes;
– labia minora with lateral extension greater than 4-5 cm;
– discomfort and pain during sexual intercourse;
– hyperpigmentation of the labia minora;
– birth defects and abnormalities;
The severity of hypertrophy of the labia minora can be divided into 3 stages:
Intimate plastic surgery has common contraindications:
– Inflammatory diseases of the female genital organs
– Pathologies of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems
– Oncological diseases
– Venereal diseases
– Pregnancy, lactation
– Clotting disorder
– Infectious and viral diseases
How to prepare for an intimate plastic surgery?
Based on the results from an investigation, the plastic surgeon decides on the operation. 2 weeks before surgery, it is recommended to stop smoking (or significantly reduce the number of cigarettes smoked) and exclude the use of alcoholic beverages. Before surgery, the patient undergoes an additional examination:
– Complete blood count and urinalysis;
– blood glucose;
– Blood type and Rh factor;
– Coagulation testing (coagulation time, INR, PTI, APTT);
– Biochemical analysis of blood (bilirubin, ALT, AST, total protein, urea, creatinine, C-reactive protein, liver tests, electrolytes (potassium, sodium, calcium);
– Blood test for HbsAg (viral hepatitis B);
– Total antibodies HCV (viral hepatitis C);
– Blood test for HIV and RW;
– Consultation of GP
– Fluorography or chest X-ray results
It is compulsory to get tested for the following genital infections: chlamydia, ureaplasma, mycoplasma, trichomonas, gonococcus, and human papillomavirus. These infections can be asymptomatic and not inconvenient, however, in the postoperative period, they can provoke an inflammatory process, so this examination is mandatory.
How is the operation performed?
The operation of intimate plastic surgery is a relatively minimally invasive operation. The patient stays in the hospital for one day. The operation lasts an average of 40-60 minutes. In most cases, it is carried out under general anesthesia, but at the request of the patient, local anesthesia can be used. The patient does not experience pain during the operation or in the subsequent hours of rehabilitation. After the operation, slight discomfort and a burning sensation are possible, which pass quickly enough, since the pelvic area is actively supplied with blood and this enhances the regeneration processes. The volume of operation is determined depending on the wishes of the patient. For the formation of new harmonious external genital organs. When it comes to enlargement, lipofilling is performed as a minimally invasive method of enlarging and filling soft tissues.
What is the rehabilitation period like?
In the first two weeks, patients are not recommended to wear tight-fitting underwear or clothing.
Hygiene must be carefully observed.
Restriction of sexual life for two weeks.
For two months it is worth excluding sports, active physical activity, visits to baths, saunas and pools.
Follow your home regimen and hygiene recommendations given by your doctor.
The next examination is carried out in two weeks.
After two months, you can evaluate the final result.